Mastering how to fold different types of costumes is extremely important. This will not only save time and effort, but will also help you maximize your space; whether it’s a small suitcase or an enormous wardrobe.
Not only that, but what if one day you suddenly need a pair of pants now located on the bottom of the closet? Obviously, none of us are interested in “digging” up the mountain to pick up just one costume at all. That is also why you need tips to help arrange and fold clothes appropriately. More specifically, let’s learn 3 tips to help fold different types of costumes right in this article!
Besides, it should be noted that there will be no “magic” tips that will help you completely remove the wrinkles on your clothes at all. However, with the following methods, at least you will minimize the inadequacies that folding clothes bring; Helping ironing does not take too much time.
- Types of shirts
- First, place the buttoned shirt on a flat surface. The purpose of buttoning is to make the fabric straight and avoid wrinkling. However, if you are in a hurry, only button one on, the middle and the last button to save time.
- Turn over; Use your hand to glide the surface of the shirt to remove wrinkles. Use the armpit of the shirt as a fulcrum and fold the sleeves inwards, forming a straight line.
- Fold the sleeve upside down to an angle of about 60 degrees so that the wrist is parallel to the back of the shirt. Repeat the same thing with the other sleeve. Finally, fold the shirt upside down in three equal parts.
In addition, instead of folding in width, you can also roll the shirt from the bottom to the top to save more space. This way of folding clothes is especially effective for sweater.
2. Types of trousers
- For pleated or / and pleated pants; Let’s start by folding the pants in that line. At the same time, you should also make sure that everything is still aligned with each other by paying attention to the seams. For pants that do not have a mid-fold, such as denim; Keep them simple on a flat surface, then fold in two straight zippers.
- Next, fold the pants upside down from the bottom to about a third of the length. Complete the last fold so that they form a straight line. Similar to shirts, you can also roll them instead of folding them to save more space.
Alternatively, you can also use the Savile Row folding method to hang them in the closet. This is known as the perfect secret to minimize wrinkles on pants. Just like the usual methods; Start by folding your pants in a cup or in the middle of the zipper. Next, hook the hanger hook (metal types should be avoided) between the pants legs; thread a tube through the hook and straighten it, avoiding wrinkles. Do the same with the other pants: thread the second pants through the hook, fold over the first pants. Swipe them one more time and your pants are ready to be hung up.
3. Suit jackets and types of sports jackets
Unlike other types of clothing, suit jackets and sports jackets often include a lot of small details; making folding clothes much more difficult. Therefore, you need to pay close attention to these details when folding them.
- First, remove all buttons and neck and lapel. In a tummy position, hold the pocket (usually on the left) folded back about a third of the length.
- Continue to grab the other side; Gently turn the tops upside down and fold them to the left. For some people, it is easier to perform these procedures when standing. The important thing to note here is to give all the details; including shoulder straps, lapels, and corners neatly arranged as possible. Finally, you can fold the suit jacket into two equal parts; or similar as above, rolled up for easier storage.